Special projects are designed for a certain time bound which are built upon explored needs and gaps of specific sectors on governance and development policy and programs. Based on APSS research findings and consultations with government agencies and political parties, donor community and various players of economic development, the APSS designs and implement the set special project given the fund availability and technical cooperation with funding actors within the country and beyond.
Ongoing Focus (2015 – 2017)
- Meaningful implementation of RTI from down to top so as to ensuring grassroots citizens through local development planning and monitoring process as well as strengthening service delivery as of government manifestation and various instruments of good governance.
- Strengthening civil-military-relations in Nepal, given changed context of democratic polity framework in the country after the successful conclusion of Nepal’s peace process and constitution writing with renewed provision of National Defense Council has been approved by APSS team to take further with concerned partners. Defining the roles of different institutions of security and defense domain is of a prime of concern of APSS in coming months.
Political party capacity building measures will be considered an important effort of APSS towards enhancing internal party democracy and democratic leadership development in leading mainstream political parties of Nepal. Potential cross-party cadre will be equipped with skills and knowledge of effective public policy and administration, defense and foreign policy/diplomacy, accountability and service delivery.
- Political culture and institutions building activities: parliament, federalism, human rights and justice, electioneering, bureaucracy and rule of law etc. are of special interest within APSS community and its nationwide members as well as international partners.
Recently Accomplished Special Projects:
- Special Strategic Focus of the year 2011-13 (for peace, democracy and sustainable development) – accomplished
- Special Strategic Plan of the year 2008-2010 (for youth mobilization in constitution writing process) – accomplished
- Special Strategic Plan of APSS (general) – accomplished partially
- Special Action Plan of Promoting Youths in Federalism Debate in Nepal – accomplished
Last updated January 2015