We value political independence, as we believe the Association should not speak or act in a single voice on political issues.
We value professionalism as we believe that every member should be committed to and act responsibly towards the APSS community.
We value diversity, as we believe tolerance is indispensable for national and international communication and cooperation and unity.
We value knowledge as it fundamentally creates power to critical thinking for politics that we promote to acquire also outside arenas provided by universities and social surroundings.
“To advance the dialogue of politics and political science by comparing empirical phenomenon with scholarly insights into how societies work, by committing to support next generation politics and by shaping a mutually-understood society”
APSS CORE OBJECTIVES
- The APSS involves in scholarly research activities in the field of politics and development, and communicates them domestically, regionally, and internationally.
- The APSS promotes high quality teaching and education about politics and government, economics, political economy, sociology/anthropology, philosophy, culture, history and other social science disciplines.
- The APSS serves the public, including disseminating research and preparing citizens to be effective citizens and political participants.
- The APSS promotes the exchange of ideas and experience, mutual understanding, as well as the equal rights and opportunities among young generation across the country and beyond.
- The APSS takes necessary actions to increase the participation of young and new generation of population in society and decision-making process meaningfully.
- The APSS positively influence policy issues affecting citizens and general welfare of Nepalese society, by being a recognized institution among political stratum and civil society in Nepal and regionally.
- The APSS upholds intercultural understanding, democracy, respect, diversity, human rights, active citizenship, and solidarity domestically, regionally and internationally.